Sampling media / edited by David Laderman and Laurel Westrup
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 265 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Laderman, David and Westrup, Laurel
- Introduction. Into the remix: the culture of sampling / Laurel Westrup and David Laderman -- ROOTS. Shadow/Play: the Cinematic, Remixed / David Laderman -- Remixing With Rules: Constraint and Potential in Restrictive Remixes / Richard L. Edwards -- "Whatever Rubbish Was at Hand": The Emergence of the Media Sample in Guy Debord's Films / R.D. Crano -- Rigorous Infidelity: Whole Text Sampling in the Curatorial Work of Henri Langlois, Dewey Phillips, and Jean-François Lyotard / Barry Mauer -- SCENES. The Sydney Club Scene and the Sampling of Global Electronic Dance Music Culture / Ed Montano -- Piggin' Out! Constructing Spanish Cultural History Through Media Sampling / Miguel Fernández Labayen & Vicente Rodríguez Ortega -- Time Stand Still: Sampling Scenes and Slowing Media / Ryan Alexander Diduck -- From Méjico Máxico to Político: Sampling the Past and the Present in the Mexican Musical Scene / Héctor Fernández L'hoeste -- CINEMA. Love in the club: karaoke realism in Chinese and Hong Kong cinema / Brian Hu -- Articulating a Hip Hop Sampling Aesthetic Through Film: Music and Memory in Three Hip Hop Documentaries / Jesse Stewart -- Sampling as Analysis, Sampling as Symptom: Found Footage and Repetition in Martin Arnold"s Alone. Life Wastes Andy Hardy / Martin J. Zeilinger -- (In)appropriation: Productions of Laughter in Contemporary Found Footage Films / Jaimie Baron -- WEB. All Work and No Play: Trailer Park, the Mash-Up, and Industrial Pedagogies / Jonathan Cohn -- Popular Culture through the Eyes, Ears, and Fingertips of Fans: Vidders, Anime Music Video Editors, and Their Sources / Samantha Close -- How the World is Being Remade: The Case of Antoine Dodson and the Limits of Sampling as Transcultural and Cross-Class Expression / Corella Di Fede -- Thinking through sampling, literally / Laurel Westrup -- Afterword. Sampling across the Curriculum / Laurel Westrup and David Laderman.
- 9780199949311 (alk. paper)
019994931X (alk. paper)
9780199949335 (alk. paper)
0199949336 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13214741