Performing cities / edited by Nicolas Whybrow
- Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 254 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Whybrow, Nicolas
- Writing Performing cities : an introduction / Nicolas Whybrow -- Performing Palermo : protests against forgetting / David Williams -- Sprawled, distracted and trembling : performing LA / Sue-Ellen Case -- Performing Paris : an ecography of meridians and atmospheres / Carl Lavery -- Performing Chicago : seven demolitions / Matthew Goulish -- Performing Cape Town : an epidemiological study in three acts / Mark Fleishman and Jay Pather -- Performing Cardiff : six approaches to a city and its performance pasts / Mike Pearson and Heike Roms -- Performing Sydney : inhabiting the edge / Gay McAuley -- Performing Toronto : enacting creative labour in the neoliberal city / Laura Levin -- Performing Singapore : city/state / Paul Rae -- Performing Belgrade : itineraries of belonging / Silvija Jestrović -- Performing Jerusalem : religious, historical, ideological and political scenarios, and some personal one / Freddie Rokem -- Performing Bogotá : memories of an urban bombing / María Estrada-Fuentes.
- The aim of this book is to explore a range of approaches to writing about urban space from the point of view of performance studies. Each contribution examines performances occurring in a particular city and the city itself as performance.
- 9781137032522 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13214786