Choral folksong arrangements [electronic resource] / Vaughan Williams, Holst
- Corporate Author:
- London Madrigal Singers
- Additional Titles:
- Folksong arrangements
- [London, England?] : EMI Classics, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bishop, Christopher
Holst, Gustav, 1874-1934
Vaughan Williams, Ralph, 1872-1958
Baccholian Singers of London
- Classical music library
- Language Note:
- Sung in English.
- Bushes and briars (2:56) ; Loch Lomond (3:42) ; John Dory (2:13) ; Greensleeves (3:19) ; Ward, the pirate (2:39) ; Ca' the yowes (5:12) ; The unquiet grave (4:45) ; The seeds of love (2:37) ; Early in the spring (1:51) ; The turtle dove (3:22) ; An acre of land (1:22) ; The dark eyed sailor (2:15) ; The spring time of the year (3:08) ; Just as the tide was flowing (2:16) ; The lover's ghost (well met, my own true love) (4:09) ; Wassail song (2:38) / Ralph Vaughan Williams -- The homecoming (6:02) ; Hymn to Manas (3:47) ; The fields of sorrow (1:02) ; David's lament for Jonathan (1:20) ; Truth of all truth (3:56) ; The song of the blacksmith (1:16) ; I sowed the seeds of love (3:06) ; Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (2:24) ; I love my love (4:04) ; Swansea Town (2:53) / Gustav Holst.
- Previously released on compact disc.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- London Madrigal Singers (Vaughan Williams works) ; Christopher Bishop, conductor ; Baccholian Singers of London (Holst works).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at Kingsway Hall, London, England, Nov. 19-21, 1969 (Vaughan Williams works) and at No. 1 Studio, Abbey Road, London, England, Sept. 16-18, 1974 (Holst works).
View MARC record | catkey: 13217901