One world, many voices [sound recording].
- Corvallis, Or. : Earthsongs, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Patriquin, Donald, Mganga, Boniface, Otieno, Samuel A. (Samuel Abiero), Faulkner, John, Enkhbayar, Se., Yongrub, Karlsons, Juris, 1948-, Maclean, Clare, Hamilton, David, 1955-, Paranjoti, Victor, Bhatia, Vanraj, and Keane, Dolores
- Language Note:
- Sung in various languages.
- Songs of early Canada. Ah! si mon moine voulait danser = If only my monk would dance with me ; Hajnal csilag = Morning star ; Savory, sage, rosemary & thyme (8:00) ; J'entends le moulin = I hear the millwheel (3:02) / arr. Donald Patriquin -- Naiman sharag = The eight chestnut horses (3:27) ; Zeregleent Gobi (8:12) / Se Enkhbayar -- Dörven dalai = Four seas / Yongrub (1:58) -- Neslegtais gredzens = The unclosed ring. Mans ezers = My lake ; Nac, nakts-- = Come, night-- ; Rotala = Round dance / Juris Karlsons (7:00) -- Hope there is / Clare Maclean (4:48) -- Song for a young country / David Hamilton (4:10). and Dravidian dithyramb / Victor Paranjoti (1:50) -- Six seasons. Basant = Spring ; Grishma = Summer ; Varsha = Monsoon ; Sharad = Autumn ; Shishir = Harvest ; Hemant = Winter / Vanraj Bhatia (17:00) -- Vamuvamba = They crucified him (3:22) ; Natufurahi siku ya leo = Let us rejoice this day (2:36) / arr. Boniface Mganga -- Sigalagala = Let there be ululation / arr. S.A. Otieno (4:16) -- Mouth music / Dolores Keane ; John Faulkner (2:24).
- Choruses, Secular (Children's voices) with piano
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with percussion
- Folk songs, French—Canada
- Vocal music—Canada
- Vocal music—China—Inner Mongolia
- Vocal music—Latvia
- Vocal music—Australia
- Vocal music—New Zealand
- Vocal music—India
- Vocal music—Kenya
- Spirituals (Songs)—Kenya
- Vocal music—Ireland
- ["00:08:00", "00:04:21", "00:03:27", "00:08:12", "00:01:58", "00:07:00", "00:04:48", "00:04:10", "00:01:50", "00:17:00", "00:03:22", "00:02:36", "00:04:16", "00:02:24"]
- For children's chorus with piano (1st-2nd work), mixed chorus with acc. of percussion ensemble (11th-14th works)--or unacc. (remainder).
Eds. recorded: Earthsongs.
Program notes and selected texts in English ( p.)--inserted in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Toronto Children's Chorus, Jean Ashworth Bartle, conductor (1st work) ; Spring High School Chorale, Denise Eaton, conducto (2nd work) ; Inner Mongolian Youth Chorus Troupe, Yalungerile, conductor (3rd-5th works) ; AVE SOL Riga Chamber Choir, Imants Kokars, conductor (6th work) ; Sydney Chamber Choir, Nicholas Tourley, conductor (7th work) ; Viva Voce, John Rosser, conductor (8th work) ; National Youth Choir of Great Britain, André de Quadros, guest conductor (9th-10th works) ; St. Olaf Choir, Anton Armstrong, conductor (11th-13th works) ; Dolores Keane, John Faulkner, vocalists (14th work).
- Source of Acquisition:
- Gift of Douglas Miller.
View MARC record | catkey: 13219216