Depths of the earth : caves and cavers of the United States / [by] William R. Halliday
- Halliday, William R., 1926-
- New York : Harper & Row, 
- [1st ed.].
- Physical Description:
- xiii,398 pages : illustrations,maps ; 22 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- BENEATH THE VALLEY: The story of the famous caves of the Virginias -- THE TOUGHEST CAVE: The story of Schoolhouse cave -- THE ETERNAL STANDARD: The story of Mammoth cave -- IN A LONELY SANDSTONE CAVE: The story of Floyd Collins -- BENEATH A THIRSTY LAND: The story of Texas caves -- ALL IN FUN: The story of Missouri caves -- YOUNG SAM AND THE PIRATES: The stories of Mark Twain cave and Cave-in-Rock -- THE GREATEST CAVE: The story of Carlsbad cavern -- BATS AND BULLION AND DIRE DISEASE: The story of bat caves of Texas, Arkansas, and Missouri -- THE WINDS THAT BLOW: The story of breathing, blowing, and windy caves -- OF GOLDEN LEGEND: The story of California caves -- THE CAVE-HUNTER: The story of M. R. Harrington -- OF MEN AND CAVES: The story of Southeastern caves -- THE CRYSTAL PALACE AND THE GREAT EXTENSION: The story of Cumberland cavern -- THE PIT PLUNGERS: The story of Southeastern Pit caves -- OUR DEEPEST CAVE: The story of Neff Canyon cave -- THE MOLTEN SEWERS: The story of Western Lava Tube caverns -- TALL TALES OF SMALL CAVES: The story of Northeastern caves -- INSIDE THE OZARKS: The story of Arkansas caves -- AQUALUNGS IN THE DARK: The story of cave-diving -- THEY CALL IT PROGRESS: The story of Nickajack and Russell caves -- DETERMINATION AND DARK DEATH: The story of Indiana caves -- DAVIES DIDN’T CRAWL: The story of recent progress under West Virginia -- THE LARGEST CAVE?: The story of Flint Ridge -- THE LAST SHALL BE FIRST: The stories of Mystery and Jewel caves -- WE DREAM OF TOMORROW: The story of Butler cave—and some others -- SO YOU WANT TO BE A CAVER?
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: pages 383-387.
View MARC record | catkey: 1322003