Chicago and vicinity / mapped, edited, and published by the Geological Survey
- Corporate Author:
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- Additional Titles:
- Alternate title: Chicago and vicinity, Illinois, Alternate title: Chicago and vicinity, Illinois-Indiana, Alternate title in lower right corner of sheet no. 1: Chicago and vicinity, Illinois, and Alternate title in lower right corner of sheets no. 2 and 3: Chicago and vicinity, Ill.-Ind
- Washington, D.C. : Interior--Geological Survey, 1968.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 3 sheets : color ; 290 x 167 cm, sheets 120 x 184 cm
- Sheet no. 1. Evanston, 1963 -- Sheet no. 2. Chicago Loop, 1965 -- Sheet no. 3. Blue Island, 1965.
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:24,000 ; polyconic projection (W 88°00ʹ00ʺ--W 87°31ʹ00ʺ/N 42°07ʹ30ʺ--N 41°30ʹ00ʺ).
- Relief shown by contours and spot heights; depths shown by isolines and soundings., "Red tint indicates areas in which only landmark buildings are shown.", "Contour interval 5 feet. Datum is mean sea level. Depth curves and soundings in feet ; datum is low water 578.5 feet.", Includes index to adjacent sheets and "Quadrangle location diagram" in lower margin of each sheet., "1927 North American datum.", and "Compiled in 1966 ..."
View MARC record | catkey: 1323407