The life and death of Sr Thomas Moore, knight, sometymes lord high chancellor of England / written in the tyme of Queene Marie by Nicholas Harpsfield, L.D., and now edited from eight manuscripts, with collations, textual notes, etc., by Elsie Vaughan Hitchcock ... with an introduction on the continuity of English prose from Alfred to More and his school, a life o Harpsfield, and historical notes, by R.W. Chambers ... and with appendices, including the Rastell fragments, chiefly concerning Fisher; the news letter to Paris, describing the trial and death of More; More's indictment; and More's epitaph
- Harpsfield, Nicholas, 1519-1575
- London : Pub. for the Early English text society by H. Milford, Oxford university press, 1932.
- Physical Description:
- ccxxxi, 400 pages : frontispiece, plate, portraits, facsimiles ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Rastell, William, 1508?-1565, Hitchcock, Elsie Vaughan, and Chambers, R. W. (Raymond Wilson), 1874-1942
- Early English text society. Original series, no. 186. 1932 (for 1931)
- "The continuity of English prose from Alfred to More and his school" (p. xiv-clxxiv) was also published separately, 1932.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microform. Chicago, Library Resources, 1970. 1 microfiche ; 8 x 13 cm. (The Microbook library of English literature) Reduction ratio varies.
View MARC record | catkey: 1325887