The city in the Third World / edited by D. J. Dwyer
- Dwyer, D. J. (Denis John)
- New York : Barnes & Noble Books, 
- Physical Description:
- 253 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Geographical readings
- Mabogunje, A. L. The pre-colonial development of Yoruba towns -- Davis, K. Colonial expansion and urban diffusion in the Americas -- Murphey, R. The city as a centre of change: Western Europe and China -- Blake, G. H. Urbanisation in North Africa: its nature and consequences -- Ng, R. A study of recent internal migration in Thailand -- Brush, J. E. Spatial patterns of population in Indian cities -- Hoyle, B. S. The economic expansion of Jinja, Uganda -- Bray, J. M. The craft structure of a traditional Yoruba town -- Bartsch, W. H. Unemployment in less developed countries: a case study of a poor district of Tehran -- Hoselitz, B. F. The role of urbanisation in economic development: some international comparisons -- Kaye, B. Some residents of upper Nankin Street, Singapore -- Pendrell, N. Squatter life in Salvador -- Dwyer, D. J. Attitudes towards spontaneous settlement in Third World cities -- Sternstein, L. Planning the development of Bangkok -- Turner, A. and Smulian, J. New cities in Venezuela.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 1344576