Chloe's vegan Italian kitchen : 150 pizzas, pastas, pestos, risottos, & lots of creamy Italian classics / Chloe Coscarelli
- Coscarelli, Chloe
- Additional Titles:
- Italian kitchen
- New York : Atria Paperback, a division of Simon & Schuister, Inc., 
- Physical Description:
- xv, 271 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Introduction -- Pastagram -- Chloe's Italian lesson -- Menu ideas -- Allergen-free Italian (gluten, soy, and nut) -- Appetizers (antipasti) -- Vegetables (verdure) -- Soups and salads (zuppa e insalata) -- Pizza, focaccia, and panini (pizza, focàccia, e panini) -- Viva la pasta -- The main course (secondo piatti) -- Desserts (dolci) -- Make-your-own basics: dough, sauces, and vegan cheese.
- "Popular vegan chef and winner of the Food Network's Cupcake Wars Chloe Coscarelli digs into her Italian roots to create more than 150 recipes inspired by the most popular cuisine in the world. If you think a healthy vegan diet means giving up pasta in creamy sauce, cheesy pizza, and luscious tiramisu, think again! Following her hit cookbooks Chloe's Kitchen and Chloe's Vegan Desserts, Chef Chloe goes to her family's homeland to veganize its time-honored delicacies--and add some distinctively delicious twists. Sumptuous mains like Butternut Ravioli with Brown Sugar and Crispy Sage and Red Wine Seitan on Ciabatta let you show off your kitchen skills, and her inventive pizza creations include Crumbled "Sausage" and "Mozzarella" Pizza as well as Butternut Squash, Caramelized Onion, and Apple Pizza. And vegans can once again enjoy comfort favorites with Chloe's Potato Gnocchi, Lasagna Bolognese, and Eggplant Parmesan. Known for her surprising twists on favorite desserts, Chloe's got your classics covered with Chocolate-Dipped Almond Biscotti and Italian Wedding Cake, and she turns up the dial with new delights like Mint Chip Gelato Sandwiches, Banana Coffee Cupcakes, and Pomegranate Mint Italian Soda--sure to win over omnivores, vegetarians, and vegans alike. Chloe also includes directions for making her recipes allergy- and gluten-free so that you can feast on all your favorite foods, no matter your diet. With fresh vegan takes on classic Italian cuisine illustrated by gorgeous full-color photographs throughout, and her bright and lively personality on every page, Chloe takes you on a delectable trip to Italy--one you'll want to go on again and again! Buon appetito!"--
"Vegan chef Chloe Coscarelli creates more than 150 recipes inspired by Italian cuisine"--
- 9781476736075 (paperback)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13454007