Public produce : cultivating our parks, plazas, and streets for healthier cities / Darrin Nordahl
- Nordahl, Darrin
- Washington : Island Press, 
- Revised & expanded [edition].
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 204 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- A guerilla on strawberry street -- Food security -- The cost of healthy calories -- Public space, public officials, public policy -- To glean and forage in the city -- Maintenance and aesthetics -- Food literacy -- Community health and prosperity.
- Public Produce captures the momentum that has been building around bringing agriculture back into our cities since the publication of the first edition in 2009. Taking readers from inspiration to implementation, this substantial revision profiles the efforts of many communities rethinking the role of public space, and explores how our urban gathering spots might nourish both body and soul.--COVER.
- 9781610915496 (pbk. : alk. paper) and 1610915496 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 201-204).
View MARC record | catkey: 13454092