The history of the rights of princes in the disposing of ecclesiastical benefices and church-lands : Relating chiefly to the pretensions of the crown of France to the regale, and the late contests with the court of Rome. To which is added, a collection of letters written on that occasion, and of some other remarkable papers put in an appendix / By Gilbert Burnet
- Burnet, Gilbert, 1643-1715
- London : Printed by J. D. for Richard Chiswell, 1682.
- Physical Description:
- 110 (i. e. 80), 8 unnumbered pages, 328, 235 (i. e. 239) pages ; 19 cm
- Described as the first edition by Foxcroft, p. 529; for an edition with the imprint date 1681, cf. Wing, B5800.
Pages -235, third group, have special t.p.: A collection of some letters and instruments that have passed during the late contests in France concerning the regale. London, Printed for Richard Chiswell, 1681.
Numbers 65-94 omitted in the first group of paging; no. 205-208 repeated in the third group.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed., 1994). B5801.
View MARC record | catkey: 1354254