Shakespere's Merchant of Venice : the first (tho worse) quarto, 1600, a facsimile in photo-lithography / by William Griggs ... with forewords by Frederick J. Furnivall
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
- London : W. Griggs, 
- Physical Description:
- xiip., facsim:78 pages ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Furnivall, Frederick James, 1825-1910
Griggs, William, 1832-1911
Full Text available online
- Shakspere-quarto facsimiles ; no. 7
- Related Titles:
- Merchant of Venice
- With reproduction of original t.-p.:The Excellent History of the Merchant of Venice. With the extreme cruelty of Shylocke the Iew towards the saide Merchant, in cutting a iust pound of his flesh. And the obtaining of Portia, by the choyse of three Caskets. Written by W. Shakespeare. [Printer's device] Printed by J. Roberts, 1600 [i.e. 1619?].
Now known as the second quarto, as the date 1600 is probably fictitious. cf. Pollard, Shakespeare folios & quartos, 1909, p.81-104.
View MARC record | catkey: 1356162