The psychology of learning / Prepared by the Society's committee ... Assisted by E. R. Guthrie and Clark L. Hull ... Edited by Nelson B. Henry ...
- Corporate Author:
- National Society for the Study of Education. Committee on the Psychology of Learning
- Bloomington, Ill. : Public School Publishing Company, 1942.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 502 pages : portrait ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Henry, Nelson B. (Nelson Bollinger), 1883-1969
- National society for the study of education ; 41st Yearbook, pt. II
- Introduction: Purpose and scope of the yearbook, by T. R. McConnell.--section I. Theories of learning. Conditioning: a theory of learning in terms of stimulus, response, and association, by E. R. Guthrie. Conditioning: outline of a systematic theory of learning, by C. L. Hull. Connectionism: its origin and major features, by Peter Sandiford. Connectionism: present concepts and interpretations, by A. I. Gates. The field theory of learning and its educational consequences, by G. W. Hartmann. Field theory of learning, by Kurt Lewin. Reconciliation of learning theories, by T. R. McConnell.--section II. Implications for education. Motivation in learning, by D. G. Ryans. The relation of emotional behavior to learning, by J. E. Anderson. The role of practice in learning, by J. B. Stroud. Language and meaning, by Ernest Horn. Problem solving, by W. A. Brownell. Organization and sequence of the curriculum, by G. T. Buswell.
- T. R. McConnell, chairman.
View MARC record | catkey: 1358742