Wal-Mart Stores Inc [electronic resource] : dominating global retailing / prepared by professor Kannan Ramaswamy
- Ramaswamy, Kannan
- [Glendale, AZ] : Thunderbird, The Garvin School of International Management, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Thunderbird, The Garvin School of International Management
- International business online (text)
Thunderbird case series
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- The case explores the fundamental features of the business model that Wal-Mart has been adopting, both in the U.S. and abroad. It places particular emphasis on the company's supplier management approaches, supplier strategies in doing business with Wal-Mart, and the company's track record in international operations. It offers insights into the ways in which Wal-Mart's suppliers can design their own strategies to ensure continued viability amidst significant pricing pressure from the retail giant. It closes with important questions about the continued success of the company in the face of allegations of labor violations, increasing competition in foreign markets, and the likelihood of a supplier push-back against Wal-Mart's continued pressure to bring down their prices.
- Thunderbird case number: A09-04-0012.
Title from resource description page (viewed July 24, 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (International business online (text)). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 13594051