Pulmonary physiology / Michael G. Levitzky
- Levitzky, Michael G.
- New York : McGraw-Hill Education/Medical, 
- Eighth edition.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 306 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Function & structure of the respiratory system -- Mechanics of breathing -- Alveolar ventilation -- Blood flow to the lung -- Ventilation-perfusion relationships -- Diffusion of gases and interpretation of pulmonary function tests -- Transport of oxygen & carbon dioxide in the blood -- Acid-base balance -- Control of breathing -- Nonrespiratory functions of the lung -- The respiratory system under stress.
- For more than three decades, Michael Levitzky has provided medical students and residents with a solid background in the areas of pulmonary physiology essential for a thorough understanding of clinical medicine. This 8th teaches you how and why the human respiratory system works--in a style and presentation that makes it easy to absorb and integrate with your knowledge of other body systems.
- 9780071793131 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0071793135 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "A Lange medical book."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13594840