Guidelines for native seed production and grassland restoration / edited by Kathrin Kiehl [and three others].
- Conference Author:
- Native Seed Production and Use in Restoration Projects (Conference) (2012 : České Budějovice, Czech Republic)
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 304 pages : illustrations (black and white), maps (black and white) ; 22 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Kiehl, Kathrin and European Conference on Ecological Restoration (8th : 2012 : České Budějovice, Czech Republic)
- Machine generated contents note: ch. One Native Seed Production and Grassland Restoration -- Introduction / Nancy Shaw -- ch. Two Ecological and Genetic Aspects of Seed Propagation and Species Introduction -- ch. 2.1 What Can Natural Selection Tell Us about Restoration? Finding the Best Seed Sources for Use in Disturbed Systems / Owen W. Baughman -- ch. 2.2 Local Populations Do Not Always Perform Better but Should Still be Preferred in Ecological Restoration / Armin Bischoff -- ch. 2.3 Use of Molecular Markers for Defining Site Specific Seed Material for Restoration in Norway / Siri Fjellheim -- ch. Three Seed Production in Practice -- ch. 3.1 Native Seed Production in Norway / Age Susort -- ch. 3.2 Agricultural Propagation of Native Seeds and Development of a Certification Procedure in Germany / Markus Wieden -- ch. Four Restoration of Plant Communities using Native Seed Material -- ch. 4.1 Conversion of Arable Land to Lowland Hay Meadows: What Influences Restoration Success / Sabine Tischew -- ch. 4.2 The Challenge of Using Native Plant Materials for Sagebrush Steppe Restoration in the Great Basin, USA / Scott Jensen -- ch. 4.3 Restoring Species-Rich Mediterranean Dry Grassland in France Using Different Species-Transfer Methods / Thierry Dutoit -- ch. 4.4 Recovery of Alkaline Grasslands Using Native Seed Mixtures in the Hortobagy National Park (Hungary) / Bela Tothmeresz -- ch. 4.5 Grassland Restoration in the Czech Republic / Karel Prach -- ch. 4.6 Restoration of Species Rich Grasslands in the Stonehenge World Heritage Site, UK / Jonathan Mitchley -- ch. 4.7 Restoration of Species-Rich Field Margins and Fringe Communities by Seeding of Native Seed Mixtures / Sabine Tischew -- ch. 4.8 The Parable of the Sower: Practical and Creative Ecology Projects Using Native Seeds / Richard Scott -- ch. Five Planning and Implementation -- ch. 5.1 Planning and Implementation of Restoration Projects Using Native Seed and Plant Material / Nancy Shaw.
- 9781443859004 and 1443859001
- "This book compiles results from recent studies presented at a special session "Native seed production and use in restoration projects", which was organised during the 8th European Conference on Ecological Restoration in České Budějovice, Czech Republic"--Back cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 13595299