The social studies curriculum : purposes, problems, and possibilities / edited by E. Wayne Ross
- Albany, NY : SUNY Press, 
- Fourth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 419 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Ross, E. Wayne, 1956-
- Social studies curriculum migration: confronting challenges in the 21st century / C. Gregg Jorgensen -- Social studies curriculum and teaching in the era of standardization / E. Wayne Ross, Sandra Mathison, and Kevin D. Vinson -- Creating authentic spaces for democratic social studies education / Christopher Leahey -- "Capitalism is for the body, religion is for the soul": insurgent social studies for the 22nd century / Abraham P. DeLeon -- Dangerous citizenship / E. Wayne Ross and Kevin D. Vinson -- Teaching students to think about patriotism / Joel Westheimer -- Ecological democracy: an environmental approach to citizenship education / Neil O. Houser -- Native studies, praxis, and the public good / Four Arrows -- Marxism and critical multicultural social studies: redux / Curry Stephenson Malott and Marc Pruyn -- Prejudice, racism, and the social studies curriculum / Jack L. Nelsen and Valerie Ooka Pang -- The language of gender, sex, and sexuality and youth experiences in schools / Lisa W. Loutzenheiser -- Making assessment work for teaching and learning / Sandra Mathison -- Why inquiry? / Doug Selwyn -- Beyond fearing the savage: responding to islamophobia in the classrom / Ozlem Sensoy -- Class struggle in the classroom / Gregory Queen -- Critical medial literacy and social studies: paying heed to Orwell and Huxley / Paul Orlowski -- Teaching democracy: what schools need to do / Joseph Kahne and Joel Westheimer -- Remaking the social studies curriculim / E. Wayne Ross.
- Social sciences—Study and teaching (Elementary)—Curricula—United States
- Social sciences—Study and teaching (Secondary)—Curricula—United States
- Curriculum planning—United States
- Curriculum planning
- Social sciences—Study and teaching (Elementary)—Curricula
- Social sciences—Study and teaching (Secondary)—Curricula
- United States
- 9781438453170 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13595991