Wind Power Plant Evaluation Naval Auxiliary Landing Field, San Clemente Island, California [electronic resource] : Period of Performance 24 September 1999--15 December 2000
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2000. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The purpose of this report is to evaluate the wind power benefits and impacts to the San Clement Island wind power system, including energy savings, emissions reduction, system stability, and decreased naval dependence on fossil fuel at the island. The primary goal of the SCI wind power system has been to operate with the existing diesel power plant and provide equivalent or better power quality and system reliability than the existing diesel system. The wind system is intended to reduce, as far as possible, the use of diesel fuel and the inherent generation of nitrogen oxide emissions and other pollutants.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/11/2000., "nrel/sr-500-27527", Olsen, T.L.; McKenna, E.; Gulman, P.J., and National Renewable Energy Lab., Golden, CO (US)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 09/24/1999 - 12/15/2000
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13599958