Kansas State University Electric Vehicle Site Operator Program. Year 1 [electronic resource] : First quarter report, July 2, 1991--September 30, 1991
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Kansas State University. College of Engineering, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- During the past fifteen years Kansas State`s faculty has been involved in research of alternative fuel vehicles. From formulation of fuels and automotive fuel storage to development of electronic controls, K-State`s faculty research has been ongoing. With the increased awareness of what is occurring to the world`s environment, the catalyst -- to ensure applied results from faculty research will occur -- has been activated. The Department of Energy`s Electric Vehicle Site Operator Program is the platform being used to demonstrate international efforts to bring a more acceptable daily mode of transportation to our highways. The first new electrical vehicle procured at K-State in the last ten years, a G-Van, is a technological dinosaur. It does not incorporate leading edge control or drive systems nor does it provide the type of vehicle frame and body to meet a majority of the daily commuter needs required by the American market. Yet, this vehicle represents initial efforts to bring a federally crash certified vehicle to the commercial automotive market. As such, it is an evolutionary step in the mass production of electric vehicle products.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/31/1991., "doe/id/13074--t1", "DE92004326", and Hague, J.R.; Steinert, R.A.; Nissen-Pfrang, T.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Quarterly; 07/01/1991 - 09/30/1991
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13600547