The railplug [electronic resource] : Development of a new ignitor for internal combustion engines. Annual report, January 16, 1991--January 15, 1992
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 17 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Texas at Austin, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The goal of the railplug project is to commercialize this miniaturized railgun as an engine technology as rapidly as possible. To improve the technology transfer process, a board of industrial advisors was established. A list of representatives is included at the end of this annual report. The Railplug External Advisory Board (REAB) met in Austin on March 17--18, 1991 to discuss the project plan. A list of comments from the REAB is included at the end of this progress report, along with our written response to those comments. An alternate ``first`` meeting with some representatives of the REAB was held on July 9, 1991. This meeting was attended by most of the board members who were unable to attend the first meeting. The second meeting of the REAB was held in Toronto, Canada, on October 10, 1991. A list of the board members comments from this meeting is included at the end of this report, along with our written response to those comments. These meetings have proven to be most useful in assuring that this project is conducted as efficiently as possible. The railplug project is essentially divided into three main tasks: (1) Railplug system development; (2) application of railplugs to engines; and (3) railplug durability. The status of each of these tasks is described below.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/er/12115--1
E 1.99: conf-9110283--1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Initial studies of a new type of ignitor: the railplug,Toronto, Ontario (Canada),7-10 Oct 1991.
Weldon, W.F.; Nichols, S.P.; Matthew, R.D.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Annual; 01/01/1991 - 12/31/1992
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13600574