Study of Japanese electrodynamic-suspension maglev systems [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Defense, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 75 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Defense
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report presents the results of a study of the Japanese MLU magnetic-levitation (maglev) system. The development of the MLU system is reviewed, and the dynamic circuit model then is introduced and applied to the figure-eight-shaped null-flux coil suspension system. Three different types of figure-eight-shaped null-flux suspension systems are discussed in detail: (1) the figure-eight-shaped null-flux coil suspension system without cross-connection; (2) the combined suspension and guidance system; and (3) the combined propulsion, levitation, and guidance system. The electrodynamic-suspension maglev systems developed in Japan seem to be very promising and could result in a commercial application in the near future.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Rote, D.M.; Coffey, H.T.; He, J.L.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 04/01/1994 - 04/01/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13600724