Numerical simulation of reactive flow in internal combustion engines. [CONCHAS-SPRAY code] [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Multidimensional numerical simulations of the reactive fluid flow in an internal combustion engine cylinder are useful in helping engine designers obtain insight into the physical mechanisms governing efficiency and pollutant formation. A comprehensive numerical model for internal combustion engine cylinder simulations that has been developed at Los Alamos is described. The model is currently embodied in a two-dimensional (axisymmetric) computer code called CONCHAS-SPRAY. Work is in progress on a three-dimensional code with the same features.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1980., "la-ur-80-1633", " conf-800661-1", 7. international conference on numerical methods in fluid dynamics, Palo Alto, CA, USA, 23 Jun 1980., and Ramshaw, J.D.; Cloutman, L.D.; Dukowicz, J.K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13601067