Procedural guide for the design of transit stations and terminals [electronic resource].
- Charlottesville, Va. : University of Virginia, 1977. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 74 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Virginia and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- State-of-the-art concepts regarding the planning, design, and evaluation of passenger transportation stations are discussed. The material directs transportation planning teams to search for efficient station designs. The important stages and considerations in a comprehensive terminal analysis methodology are described. The transit station design process requires contributions from many disciplines and skills. The report given will help coordinate station development programs in accommodating inputs from the disciplines, and it highlights the elements of different stations to assure valid comparisons relative to performance and cost criteria.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/1977., "dot-tst-77-53", and Demetsky, M.J.; Hoel, L.A.; Virkler, M.R.
View MARC record | catkey: 13601153