Gas turbine engines and transmissions for bus demonstration programs. Technical status report, 30 April 1979-31 July 1979 [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The quarterly status report covers the period from 30 April 1979 through 31 July 1979 and is a summary of DDA activities for the effort performed on the procurement and delivery of eleven (11) Allison GT 404-4 gas turbine engines and five (5) HT740CT and six (6) V730CT Allison automatic transmissions and the required associated software. The contract requires the delivery of eleven (11) Allison GT 404-4 Industrial Gas Turbine Engines and five (5) HT740CT and six (6) V730CT Allison Automatic Transmissions for the Greyhound and Transit Coaches, respectively. In addition, software items such as cost reports, technical reports, installation drawings, acceptance test data and parts lists are required. A recent decision by the DOE will modify the build configuration for the last four (4) Transit Coach engines. It was decided by the DOE at a meeting in Washington, DC on March 28, 1979 with representatives from DDA, NASA/LeRC, JPL and Booz-Allen and Hamilton that these engines will be built with ceramic regenerators. (TFD)
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1979., "coo-4867-4", Nigro, D.N., and General Motors Corp., Indianapolis, IN (USA). Detroit Diesel Allison Div.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13601280