Going to court : an introduction to the U.S. justice system / Ursula Furi-Perry
- Furi-Perry, Ursula, 1980-
- Chicago, Illinois : American Bar Association, 
- Physical Description:
- vi, 266 pages : illustrations, forms ; 26 cm
- An overview of the criminal process -- Essential elements of crimes -- Crimes against the person -- Crimes involving property -- Other crimes -- Defenses to crimes -- Arrests and the privilege against self-incrimination -- Searches -- The right to counsel -- Beginning a criminal case -- The right to a fair trial -- Double jeopardy and cruel and unusual punishment -- Acquittals, convictions, and appeals -- Common types of civil cases -- An overview of civil litigation -- Resolving a case outside of court -- Jurisdiction and remedies -- Beginning a case in court -- Information gathering -- Pretrial matters -- Preparing for trial -- The trial process -- After the trial.
- 9781627226202 (alk. paper)
1627226206 (alk. paper)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13614014