Wordplay for kids : a sourcebook of poems, rhymes, and read-alouds / Tim Wadham
- Wadham, Tim
- Chicago : ALA Editions, an imprint of the American Library Association, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 225 pages ; 26 cm
- Shared warmth : a parent/child reading program -- Wordplay for 5-7 year-olds -- Wordplay for 8-12 year-olds -- Literature I like to share with children.
- Wadham provides resources for introducing younger children to literature in a public library or school library setting. By reading poems out loud together, and then introducing books and activities on the poem's theme, he noticed improved vocabulary and verbal skills, and a progression in the children's literacy skills. He also introduces the Shared Warmth program, which encourages families to read together.--
- 9780838912669 (print : pbk. : alk. paper) and 0838912664 (print : pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13614165