Surface treatment of metals : This book contains the papers and discussions constituting the symposium on the surface treatment of metals presented before the twenty-second annual convention of the American society for metals held in Cleveland, October 21 to 25, 1940
- Corporate Author:
- American Society for Metals
- [Cleveland] : [publisher not identified], 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 2 preliminary leaves, 427 pages including illustrations, tables, diagrams ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Anodic treatment of aluminum, by J.D. Edwards.--The passivation and coloring of stainless steel, by G.C. Kiefer.--The surface treatment of magnesium alloys, by H.W. Schmidt, W.H. Gross and H.K. DeLong.--Corrosion resistance of tin plate--influence of steel base composition on service life of tin plate containers, by R.R. Hartwell.--Zinc coatings--unit operations, bosts and properties, by J.L. Bray and F.R. Morral.--Diffusion coatings on metals, by F.N. Rhines.--Surface reactions and diffusion, by J.E. Dorn. J.T. Gier, and others.--Heat treating with induction heat, by Edmund Blasko.--Inherent characteristics of induction and hardening, by M.A. Tran and H.B. Osborn, jr.--Flame pretreatment of structural steel surfaces for painting, by J.G. Magrath. Shot blasting and its effect on fatique life, by F.P. Zimmerli.--Effect of surface conditions on fatigue properties, by O.J. Horger and H.R. Neifert.--Chip formation, friction, and high quality machined surfaces, by Hans Ernst and M.E. Merchant.--Observations on the tarnishing of stainless steels on heating in vacuo, by V.C.F. Holm.--The tracer method of measuring surface irregularities, by E.J. Abbott.
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography at end of each paper except three.
View MARC record | catkey: 1366949