The nobility of women / by William Bercher, 1559 ; now for the first time edited with introduction and notes by R. Warwick Bond
- Barker, William, active 1572
- London : Privately printed for presentation to the members of the Roxburghe Club, 1904.
London : Chiswick Press.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 198 pages : illustrations, facsimiles, portrait ; 34 cm + addenda (54 pages ; 34 cm).
- Additional Creators:
- Domenichi, Lodovico, 1515-1564, Bond, R. Warwick, Bond, R. Warwick (Richard Warwick), 1857-1943, Agrippa von Nettesheim, Heinrich Cornelius, 1486?-1535, Marlay, Charles Brinsley, 1831-1912, and Roxburghe Club
- Roxburghe Club Collection.
- "Presented to the members of the Roxburghe Club by Charles Brinsley Marlay".
An abridged translation of "La nobilità delle donne ... Ferrarii, 1549", by Lodovico Domenichi, who based his work on a treatise by Henricus Cornelius Agrippa published at Antwerp, 1529, with title, "De nobilitate & praecellentia foeminei sexus".
"One hundred copies only printed".
Addenda, glossary and index to William Bercher's Nobility of women, by R. Warwick Bond. 1905.
View MARC record | catkey: 1373011