The fur seals and fur-seal islands of the North Pacific Ocean / By David Starr Jordan ... commissioner in charge of fur-seal investigations of 1896-97. With the following official associates: Leonhard Stejneger and Frederic A. Lucas, of the U. S. National museum. Jefferson F. Moser ... in command of the U. S. Fish commission steamer Albatross. Charles H. Townsend, of the U. S. Fish commission. George A. Clark, secretary and stenographer, Joseph Murray, special agent. With special papers by other contributors ...
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Department of the Treasury. Commission on fur-seal investigations
- Washington : Gov't print. off, 1898-1899.
- Physical Description:
- 4 volumes : frontispiece (volumes 1, 3) illustrations, plates, maps (partly folded) diagrams ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Jordan, David Starr, 1851-1931, Stejneger, Leonhard, 1851-1943, Lucas, Frederic A. (Frederic Augustus), 1852-1929, Moser, Jefferson F., Townsend, Charles Haskins, 1859-1944, Clark, George Archibald, Murray, Joseph, Duffield, W. W. (William Ward), 1823-1907, Albatross (Steamer), and U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey
- Pt. I. The history, condition, and needs of the herd of fur seals resorting to the Pribilof Islands, by David Starr Jordan and George Archibald Clark. Illustrated by photographs, and by drawings from nature by Bristow Adams.--pt. II. Observations on the fur seals of the Pribilof Islands, 1872-1897, as extracted from the log of St. Paul Island, and as recorded in the daily journal of the Commission of 1896 and 1897.--pt. III. Special papers relating to the fur seal and to the natural history of the Pribilof Islands.--pt. IV. The Asiatic fur-seal islands and fur-seal industry, by Leonhard Stejneger.
- Binder's title: Report of fur-seal investigations 1896-97., Atlas of charts has t.-p.: Report of the fur-seal investigation. 1896-1897. Charts of the islands and fur-seal rookeries of St. Paul and St. George, Pribilof group, Alaska. Prepared by the U. S. Coast and geodetic survey from surveys by Will Ward Duffield and party in the summer of 1897. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1899., and Pt. 1-4: Treasury dept. doc. 2017. cf. Catalogue of the public documents of the Fifty-fifth Congress, 1901, p. 867.
View MARC record | catkey: 1373879