Women in the geosciences : practical, positive practices toward parity / edited by Mary Anne Holmes, Suzanne O'Connell, Kuheli Dutt
- Special publications ; 70
- Machine generated contents note: Section I The Data -- 1.Who Receives a Geoscience Degree? / Mary Anne Holmes -- 2.We are the 20%: Updated Statistics on Female Faculty in Earth Sciences in the U.S. / Jennifer B. Glass -- Section II A Framework to Address the Issue -- 3.A Sociological Framework to Address Gender Parity / Mary Anne Holmes -- Section III Successful Strategies to Address the Issue -- 4.Best Practices to Achieve Gender Parity: Lessons Learned from NSF's ADVANCE and Similar Programs / Mary Anne Holmes -- Section III.A Institutional Strategies -- 5.Strategic Institutional Change to Support Advancement of Women Scientists in the Academy: Initial Lessons from a Study of ADVANCE IT Projects / Dalinda Martinez -- 6.Institutional Transformation: The Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory Experience / Kuheli Dutt -- 7.Dual Career, Flexible Faculty / Mary Anne Holmes -- 8.Lactation in the Academy: Accommodating Breastfeeding Scientists / Suzanne Oconnell -- Section III.B Interactional and Individual Strategies -- 9.Implicit Assumption: What It Is, How to Reduce Its Impact / Mary Anne Holmes -- 10.Hiring a Diverse Faculty / Mary Anne Holmes -- 11.Multiple and Sequential Mentoring: Building Your Nest / Suzanne Oconnell -- 12.Mentoring Physical Oceanography Women to Increase Retention / Sarah Clem -- 13.ASCENT, a Discipline-Specific Model to Support the Retention and Advancement of Women in Science / Laura M. Edwards -- 14.Facilitating Career Advancement for Women in the Geosciences through the Earth Science Women's Network (ESWN) / Rose Kontak -- 15.Learning to Develop a Writing Practice / Suzanne Oconnell.
- 1119067855 and 9781119067856 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2015
View MARC record | catkey: 13801006