Community Geothermal Technology Program [electronic resource] : Fruit drying with geothermal energy. Final report
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 25 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Largest problem was lack of proper recording and controlling instrumentation. Agricultural products tested were green papaya powder, banana slices, and pineapple slices. Results show that a temperature of 120 F is a good drying temperature. Papaya should be mature green and not overly ripe; banana ripeness is also important; and pineapple slice thickness should be very uniform for even drying. Geothermal drying is feasible. Figs, tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Papaya Products of Hawaii, Keaau, HI (United States)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 04/01/1988 - 04/01/1988
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13802912