Continuous chemical reaction chromatography. Progress report, February 1, 1979-January 31, 1980 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 14 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Minnesota. Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An experimental investigation of the acid catalyzed hydrolysis of methyl formate in a cylindrical annulus continuous chromatographic reactor containing 60 to 80 mesh charcoal packing was completed. The reactor carries out simultaneous reaction and separation. A mathematical model of the reactor was developed and used for numerical simulation of reactor performance. Good agreement was obtained between experimentally measured elution peaks and those calculated by numerical simulation. Reaction yields were virtually 100%, far in excess of the equilibrium yield (75%) expected in the absence of separation of products. A theoretical investigation of a continuous, countercurrent moving bed chromatographic reactor was completed, and a new criterion for chromatographic reactor performance was developed. Construction of a cylindrical annulus continuous chromatographic reactor for a gas-solid catalytic reactions has been completed. Preliminary testing has been carried out, and experimental work on the dehydrogenation of cyclohexane over an alumina supported platinum catalyst has been initiated.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1980., "coo--2945-3", and Aris, R.; Carr, Jr, R. W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13803386