Experiments with powdered CMN thermometers between 10 mK and 4K, and a comparison with an NBS SRM 768 fixed-point device [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1981. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 3 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Comparison of a powdered CMN thermometer with an NBS fixed point device demonstrates an internal inconsistency in the T/sub c/'s assigned to the fixed point device. T/sub c/'s between 100 and 200 mK are in excellent agreement with a temperature scale interpolated between He vapor pressure temperatures and nuclear orientation temperatures, but there is a discrepancy of 8% at the 15 mK point. Evidence for different susceptibility-temperature relations for superficially similar CMN thermometers is also presented.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/01/1981., "lbl-13790", " conf-810809-20", "DE82007861", 16. international conference on low temperature physics, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 19 Aug 1981., and Hornung, E.W.; Phillips, N.E.; Fogle, W.E.; Mayberry, M.C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13803652