Kinetics of total body retention and clearance of xenon and krypton after inhalation. [/sup 127/Xe, /sup 79/Kr, /sup 85/Kr] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The total body retention of Xe-127 and Kr-79 and their clearance rates following inhalation were measured in vivo. These data are useful for refined Xe-127 dosimetry calculations, to determine the potential radiation hazard of fission product Kr-85, and more generally to study the behavior of anesthetic gases. While data are available on the solubilities and partition coefficients of Xe and Kr in fat, blood, and other individual body constituents, few measurements of their retention and clearance from the entire body have been reported.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
11. international conference on medical and biological engineering, Ottawa, Canada, 2 Aug 1976.
Susskind, H.; Cohn, S.H.; Ellis, K.J.; Atkins, H.L.; Richards, P.
Brookhaven National Lab., Upton, N.Y. (USA)
View MARC record | catkey: 13804654