Ekpyrosis and inflationary dynamics in heavy ion collisions [electronic resource] : the role of quantum fluctuations
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2011. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We summarize recent significant progress in the development of a first-principles formalism to describe the formation and evolution of matter in very high energy heavy ion collisions. The key role of quantum fluctuations both before and after a collision is emphasized. Systematic computations are now feasible to address early time isotropization, flow, parton energy loss and the Chiral Magnetic Effect.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/23/2011., "bnl--96184-2011-cp", "KB0301020", Quark Matter Annecy 2011; Annecy, France; 20110523 through 20110528., and Venugopalan, R.; Dusling, K.; Gelis, F.
- Funding Information:
- DE-AC02-98CH10886 and PO-006
View MARC record | catkey: 13804924