Beauty and charm production in fixed target experiments [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2004.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We present calculations of NNLO threshold corrections for beauty and charm production in π⁻ p and pp interactions at fixed-target experiments. Recent calculations for heavy quark hadroproduction have included next-to-next-to-leading-order (NNLO) soft-gluon corrections  to the double differential cross section from threshold resummation techniques . These corrections are important for near-threshold beauty and charm production at fixed-target experiments, including HERA-B and some of the current and future heavy ion experiments.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lbnl--55137
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
12th International Workshop on Deep Inelastic Scattering (DIS 2004), Strbske Pleso (SK), 04/14/2004--04/18/2004.
Vogt, Ramona; Kidonakis, Nikolaos.
Marie Curie Fellowship Contract HPMF-CT-2001-01221 (US)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13805388