Third-harmonic generation and multiphoton ionization spectroscopy [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Nonlinear phenomena, such as multiphoton excitation (MPE) processes leading to ionization and third-harmonic generation (THG) in gases have become the issue of extensive studies over recent years. Studies in rare gases in particular have resulted in several interesting observations in this respect. Thus, it has been established that three-photon resonantly enhanced multiphoton ionization (MPI) in the vicinity of states which are single photon optically coupled to the ground state may occur in efficient competition with THG. The present work demonstrates several new effects which may appear when third-harmonic radiation is present during MPI.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
NATO workshop on atomic and molecular processes with short intense laser pulse, Sherbrooke, Canada, 19 Jul 1987.
Proctor, M.J.; Stockdale, J.A.D.; Fotakis, C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13806541