Atomic coherence created by a pulsed dye laser [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Level population as a function of laser pulse envelope area for an atom which could be approximated as a two level system was measured. An ideal two-level system under the action of an oscillating force is one of a few quantum mechanical systems for which the time-dependent Schroedinger equation can be solved exactly. The solution predicts that the population of the upper state, for a system which was entirely in the lower state at t = 0, varies as sin/sup 2/A, where A = ..integral../sub 0//sup t/ ..cap omega..(t) dt, and ..cap omega.. = e epsilon/sub 0/(t) x/sub 12//h-bar.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucid-18287
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore Lab.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13807637