Calculated pressure-broadened linewidths of H/sub 2/S [electronic resource].
- Ames, Iowa : Ames Laboratory, 1976. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 31 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Ames Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Self-broadened and foreign-gas (N/sub 2/ and O/sub 2/) broadened linewidths of H/sub 2/S at 300/sup 0/K for a wide range of quantum numbers J and K/sub a/, for both type A and type B bands, have been calculated using the Anderson-Tsao-Curnutte theory of line broadening. In the case of H/sub 2/S-H/sub 2/S collisions, dipole-dipole, dipole-quadrupole, quadrupole-dipole, and quadrupole-quadrupole interactions have been included. For H/sub 2/S-N/sub 2/ and H/sub 2/S-O/sub 2/ collisions, dipole-quadrupole and quadrupole-quadrupole interactions were taken into account. Computed values for self-broadened linewidths are in good agreement with the experimental results of Helminger and De Lucia. Air-broadened linewidths of H/sub 2/S at 200/sup 0/K have also been calculated, so that the temperature dependence can be established.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/01/1976., "is-3904", and Tejwani, G.D.T.; Yeung, E.S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13807841