Reactions of ions with atomic and molecular free radicals. Progress report, May 1, 1975--April 30, 1976. [0. 005 eV to 20 eV] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 19 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A research program is described in which the dynamics of the reactions of ions with atomic and molecular free radicals are studied in a merged molecular beam apparatus. The primary objective of this research is to obtain fundamental information on the importance of electronic nonadiabaticity in chemical reactions. Development and testing of a unique microwave discharge ion source which produces a high degree of dissociation of polyatomic gases is described, and results are presented from studies of the reaction: D/sub 2//sup +/ + F(/sup 2/P/sub u/) ..-->.. FH/sup +/(/sup 2/PI) + D over the range of initial kinetic energy from 0.005 eV to 20 eV. Principal conclusions about this reaction seem to indicate that most of the reactions in this system do not occur on electronically adiabatic potential energy surfaces, even at very low kinetic energy.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1976., "coo-2640-1", Gentry, W.R., and Minnesota Univ., Minneapolis (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13807879