Biomass Scenario Model Scenario Library [electronic resource] : Definitions, Construction, and Description
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Department of Energy. Bioenergy Technologies Office, 2014.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Bioenergy Technologies Office
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Understanding the development of the biofuels industry in the United States is important to policymakers and industry. The Biomass Scenario Model (BSM) is a system dynamics model of the biomass-to-biofuels system that can be used to explore policy effects on biofuels development. Because of the complexity of the model, as well as the wide range of possible future conditions that affect biofuels industry development, we have not developed a single reference case but instead developed a set of specific scenarios that provide various contexts for our analyses. The purpose of this report is to describe the scenarios that comprise the BSM scenario library. At present, we have the following policy-focused scenarios in our library: minimal policies, ethanol-focused policies, equal access to policies, output-focused policies, technological diversity focused, and the point-of-production- focused. This report describes each scenario, its policy settings, and general insights gained through use of the scenarios in analytic studies.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Peterson, S.; Bush, B.; Vimmerstedt, L.; Inman, D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13808588