Complete genome sequence of Tolumonas auensis type strain (TA 4T) [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 2011. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Tolumonas auensis (Fischer-Romero et al. 1996) is currently the only validly named species of the genus Tolumonas in the family Aeromonadaceae. The strain is of interest because of its ability to produce toluene from phenylalanine and other phenyl precursors, as well as phenol from tyrosine. This is of interest because toluene is normally considered to be a tracer of anthropogenic pollution in lakes, but T. auensis represents a biogenic source of toluene. Other than Aeromonas hydrophila subsp. hydrophila, T. auensis strain TA 4T is the only other member in the family Aeromonadaceae with a completely sequenced type-strain genome. The 3,471,292-bp chromosome with a total of 3,288 protein-coding and 116 RNA genes was sequenced as part of the DOE Joint Genome Institute Program JBEI 2008.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/04/2011., "lbnl-5136e", Standards in Genomic Sciences 5 1 1944-3277 FT, Lapidus, Alla; Woyke, Tanja; Copeland, Alex; Han, Cliff; Glavina Del Rio, Tijana; Tice, Hope; Goodwin, Lynne; Pitluck, Sam; Ivanova, Natalia; Land, Miriam; Hauser, Loren; Brettin, Thomas; Spring, Stefan; Rohde, Manfred; Klenk, Hans-Peter; Hammon, Nancy; Gö ker, Markus; Richardson, Paul; Schmutz, Jeremy; Dalin, Eileen; Bruce, David; Chertkov, Olga; Tapia, Roxanne; Lucas1, Susa; Berry, KerrieW.; Detter, JohnC.; Saunders, Elizabeth; Larimer, Frank; Kyrpides, NikosC.; Beller, HarryR., and Earth Sciences Division
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13808815