Radiation Research Symposium [electronic resource] : Chemistry and Biology of Radical-mediated Deoxyribose Oxidation in DNA
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2005.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The $3000 of funding provided by this grant supported a well-attended (150 people) symposium at the annual Radiation Research Society meeting in Denver, Colorado, on October 19, 2005. The symposium was entitled, ''Chemistry and Biology of Radical-mediated Deoxyribose Oxidation in DNA'', and it focused on the chemistry of damage to deoxyribose caused by radiation and other oxidants, and the role of this chemistry in the biological consequences and responses of cells to chemical and physical insults. The talks highlighted the emerging evidence for a major role for deoxyribose oxidation in the toxic effects of ionizing radiation.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 09/27/2005 - 08/31/2006
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13810746