The Human Transcript Database [electronic resource] : A Catalogue of Full Length cDNA Inserts
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 1 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The BCM Search Launcher provided improved access to web-based sequence analysis services during the granting period and beyond. The Search Launcher web site grouped analysis procedures by function and provided default parameters that provided reasonable search results for most applications. For instance, most queries were automatically masked for repeat sequences prior to sequence database searches to avoid spurious matches. In addition to the web-based access and arrangements that were made using the functions easier, the BCM Search Launcher provided unique value-added applications like the BEAUTY sequence database search tool that combined information about protein domains and sequence database search results to give an enhanced, more complete picture of the reliability and relative value of the information reported. This enhanced search tool made evaluating search results more straight-forward and consistent. Some of the favorite features of the web site are the sequence utilities and the batch client functionality that allows processing of multiple samples from the command line interface. One measure of the success of the BCM Search Launcher is the number of sites that have adopted the models first developed on the site. The graphic display on the BLAST search from the NCBI web site is one such outgrowth, as is the display of protein domain search results within BLAST search results, and the design of the Biology Workbench application. The logs of usage and comments from users confirm the great utility of this resource.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/10/1999., "doe/er/62097f", Richard Gibbs; Kim Worley; Michael McLeod; Bouckk John., Kim C. Worley (US), and (US)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 09/10/1999 - 09/10/1999
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13811252