Improved mutagen-testing systems in mice. Progress report, 1 September 1978-30 October 1979 [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The purpose of this project is to produce improved mutagen-testing systems in mice. Our approach is to produce chromosomal inversion systems and to improve the techniques necessary to induce, detect, genetically define, and combine inversions in effective useful mutation-test systems. Another specific objective has been to test the systems produced with respect to their effectiveness. Another objective has been to mark, maintain, and study recessive detrimentals and lethals induced in the validation-testing of these systems. Of particular importance is to study induced recessives for dominant effects on fitness. A final broad objective has been to use the induced inversions and recessive lethals for studies of basic problems in mammalian genetics, growth, and development.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Jackson Lab., Bar Harbor, ME (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13812971