Use of picosecond lasers for studying photosynthesis [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 20 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The recent application of picosecond laser techniques to the study of photosynthesis is reviewed. Two techniques are emphasized. In the first a streak camera is used in conjunction with a mode locked laser to determine the exciton migration time to the photosynthetic reaction center. In the second a novel nonlinear optical technique is described which enables certain deductions to be made about the topology of the photosynthetic unit. Bacteria and higher plant data are presented.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
20. annual SPIE technical symposium, San Diego, CA, USA, 24 Aug 1976.
Shapiro, S.L.; Campillo, A.J.
Los Alamos Scientific Lab., N.Mex. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13814644