Growing up gifted : developing the potential of children at school and at home / Barbara Clark
- Clark, Barbara, 1931-
- Boston : Pearson/Allyn and Bacon Publishers, [date of publication not identified]
- Copyright Date:
- 8th ed.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 416 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Who are the gifted learners? -- Developing giftedness -- Supporting social-emotional growth of gifted learners -- Integrating creativity and giftedness -- Providing appropriate education for gifted learners -- Assessing and identifying gifted learners -- Being culturally responsive and gender sensitive -- Including exeptionality and underachievement -- Exploring programs, models, structures, and organizations for elementary and secondary gifted learners -- Developing effective programs for gifted and talented education.
- Covering preschool through secondary education, Growing Up Gifted, 8th edition, explores who gifted learners are, how they become gifted, and discusses methods used to support their learning, growth, and development. Grounded in the latest research on brain function, this edition considers how these new findings can improve teaching tools and learning experiences for gifted students. Revised chapters address culturally responsive teaching, alternative environments, and various models for gifted education. Building on its trusted reputation, this edition helps readers understand intelligence, create environments that maximize gifts and talents, and implement services that develop the potential of gifted learners.-from back cover.
- 9780132620666 (casebound)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 385-396) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 13816024