The powers of the false : reading, writing, thinking beyond truth and fiction / Doro Wiese
- Wiese, Doro
- Evanston, Illinois : Northwestern University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 263 pages ; 23 cm.
- Introduction -- The truth of narration and the powers of the false -- Accepting complicated legacies by being once removed from the world : Everything is illuminated (Foer 2002) -- "He looked for truth in facts and not in stories" : crimes of historiography and forces of fabulation in Richard Flanagan's Gould's book of fish (2003) -- Making time, undoing race: Richard Powers' The time of our singing (2003) -- Conclusion.
- Foer, Jonathan Safran, 1977- Everything is illuminated
- Flanagan, Richard, 1961- Gould's book of fish
- Powers, Richard, 1957- Time of our singing
- Foer, Jonathan Safran, 1977-—Criticism and interpretation
- Flanagan, Richard, 1961-—Criticism and interpretation
- Powers, Richard, 1957-—Criticism and interpretation
- American fiction—21st century—History and criticism
- English fiction—21st century—History and criticism
- History in literature
- Truthfulness and falsehood in literature
- 9780810130043 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0810130041 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 227-257) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13816124