Symmetrical voice and linking in western Austronesian languages / Sonja Riesberg
- Riesberg, Sonja
- Berlin : De Gruyter Mouton, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 244 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Pacific linguistics, 0078-754X ; volume 646
- This book is an in-depth study of the voice systems of Totoli, Balinese, Indonesian, and Tagalog, which shows that the symmetrical nature of these systems poses a problem to current linking theories. It provides an analysis of symmetrical linking within two grammatical theories (LFG & RRG) and develops a modified LFG linking mechanism that sheds light on the differences as well as the similarities of symmetrical and asymmetrical voice systems.--Back cover.
- 1614518785 and 9781614518785
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -241) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 13816474