Earth's early atmosphere and surface environment [electronic resource] / edited by George H. Shaw, Geology Department, Union College, Schenectady, New York 12308, USA
- Boulder, Colorado : The Geological Society of America, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 132 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Shaw, George H., 1945-, Geological Society of America. Annual Meeting (2011 : Minneapolis, Minn.), and Pardee Keynote Symposium (2011 : Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "This volume explores the range of conditions and compositions that have been proposed for Earth's early surface and atmosphere with a collection of papers presented at a 2011 GSA Pardee Symposium. Each chapter is accompanied by a commentary and followed by a transcript of the ensuing discussion at the meeting"--
- 9780813725048 (pbk.)
- "A Pardee Symposium was held at the Geological Society of America's Annual Meeting in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on 12 October 2011 ... The symposium provided for the presentation and discussion of several, often contradictory, models for the early Earth. The emphasis was on the later Hadean (post-moon-forming impact) to the late Archean (Great Oxidation Event), that is, from about 4.3 Ga to 2.1 Ga"--Page v.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 13816980